When Should I Call a Podiatrist?
Dr. Timothy Barry of Family Foot and Ankle Care of Jasper can help diagnose and treat a wide array of foot and ankle problems. Please contact our office if you experience one of the following:
- Persistent pain in your feet or ankles.
- Changes in the nails or skin on your foot.
- Severe cracking, scaling, or peeling on the heel or foot.
- Blisters on your feet.
There are signs of bacterial infection, including:
- Increased pain, swelling, redness, tenderness, or heat.
- Red streaks extending from the affected area.
- Discharge or pus from an area on the foot.
- Foot or ankle symptoms that do not improve after two weeks of treatment with a nonprescription product.
- Spreading of an infection from one area of the foot to another, such as under the nail bed, skin under the nail, the nail itself, or the surrounding skin.
- Thickening toenails that cause discomfort.
- Heel pain accompanied by a fever, redness (sometimes warmth), or numbness.
- Tingling in the heel; persistent heel pain without putting any weight or pressure on your heel
- Pain that is not alleviated by ice or over-the-counter painkillers (such as aspirin, ibuprofen or acetaminophen).
- Diabetics with poor circulation who develop athlete’s foot.
721 W. 13th Street, Suite 205
Jasper, Indiana 47546
Mon – Thurs: 9am – 5pm
Down our registration form.