In these days of social distancing and isolation, many people are left trying to come up with things to do while spending all this extra time at home. But in this online world, it shouldn’t be too difficult to come up with creative ways to stay connected.
Today, Dr. Timothy Barry of Family Foot & Ankle Care of Jasper in Dubois County is sharing eight of his favorites:
- Video calls: This is probably the easiest way to stay in touch with loved ones. There are a variety of programs and apps that let you come face-to-face without having to leave your home.
- Stream movies together: You and your friends can choose a movie and start it at the same time while on a video call. There are some popular apps such as Netflix Party that let you view shows or movies together.
- Hold a virtual dinner party: There are plenty of easy and quick meals you can make with items you already have in your pantry. Cook the same dish as a friend simultaneously while on a video chat. Then you can sit down together and catch up while you eat the meal you’ve prepared.
- Host a virtual game night: Stay in touch while having fun by playing games together. Choose favorites or get out your favorite board or card games and play together while on a video call.
- Get some exercise: There are plenty of free workout apps and classes that are available for almost anyone’s fitness goals. Consider video-calling a friend and take a class together.
- Virtual happy hour: While practicing social distancing during quarantine, get your favorite beverage, and hold a group video chat. Have a drink together while catching up.
- Virtual book club: Grab your favorite cocktail or a glass of wine and talk about what you’re reading.
- Phone call: In this era of texting, some people forget how easy it is to just give a friend or family member a quick call. They’ll appreciate the personal gesture.
We hope you enjoy these tips and that you and your loved ones stay safe, healthy, and in good spirits!
We’re all in this together. If you need us please don’t hesitate to contact the office of Dr. Timothy Barry of Family Foot & Ankle Care of Jasper in Dubois County at (812) 481-7200 to schedule a visit or request an appointment online.