How to Keep Feet Healthy in the Holiday Runaround
With the holidays around the corner, it seems like everyone is on the run. There are gifts to buy, sweets to make, family and friends to see, holiday programs to attend, and more—not to mention any snow removal that may come with the season. All this running about means your feet are getting a lot of extra use, which could mean you’re battling foot pain when you’re trying to spend time with your family. Keeping feet healthy can help you avoid the pain during the busy season.
Feet get sore and painful for a variety of reasons. Overuse and stress from being on your feet for many hours at a time is common. When you’re suddenly on your feet a lot more than usual to try to prepare for the holidays, your lower limbs may suffer. Fortunately, keeping feet healthy and taking steps to prevent pain can help you avoid discomfort and other lower limb issues that might crop up.
Here are a few tips to fight foot pain and support healthy feet this season:
- Wear good shoes – Supportive shoes with cushioned soles help your feet absorb shock and the repetitive pressure from standing and walking.
- Get extra support – Sometimes your shoes alone are not enough. A little extra support from orthotics or other insoles can help your feet handle pressure better, relieving some foot stress.
- Stretch out your feet – Stretching alleviates tightness in your lower limbs, which can sometimes cause pain.
- Exercise your toes – Toe and foot exercises help work the little muscles in your feet, which conditions them to handle pressure better.
- Pamper your feet at home – Take time to massage or soak your feet at home to help relax them.
Feet that are always on the go during the holidays need a little extra care to stay healthy. If you’re struggling with pain, don’t just hope it goes away and limp through the season. Instead, let our experts at Family Foot & Ankle Care of Jasper help you stay on your feet comfortably. Contact our Jasper, IN, office for more information or an appointment to take care of your lower limbs today so you can enjoy the holidays pain-free. Call (812) 481-7200 or use our website to reach us.
Address 695 W. 2nd Street, Suite C, Jasper, Indiana 47546
Hours Mon, Tue, Thu: 9am - 5pm; Wed, Fri: 8am-noon
Download our registration form.